07 July 2011

MUJI NEW SEASON PREVIEW XMAS 2011


Today I popped in to Muji's Xmas 2011 preview event at Foubert Place, London. Samples from the upcoming Autumn/Winter collection and Christmas items were on show, accompanied by Asahi Super Dry beer and sushi which, I have to say, was well received by me.

Personally I fucking adore Muji. Their vision for simplicity and efficiency is one that I share and the products are spot on - clean and modern. To live in Muji would be a dream. (Though some of their range I do find totally bizarre, for example the pictured Felt Sushi Set, part of the Xmas range.)

Some pieces that stood out included their leather card case, plastic playing cards and the apparel looked refined and chic. My favourite product though is the Touchscreen Gloves. They're not gloves with an integrated touch screen, that would be silly, but the fingertips are made with some next innovative sensor fabric which allows for iPhone use whilst keeping your hands warm in the wool gloves. Genius. Coming in five colourways and priced at just £12.95, they are for sure my pick of the bunch. Very excited for their release and my eyes are peeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment