31 July 2011

JAPAN RELIEF : ENTRY TWENTY-NINE



Back in June, MTV did Video Music Aid Japan 2011 inviting the likes of Lady Gaga, Tokio Hotel and MONKEY MAJIK to perform in support of the disaster that Japan has been struggling through. I bring this up again now because MTV Music are broadcasting a highlight show tonight for viewers in the UK, which I think is fantastic. They aired it for the first time at 2am on Saturday morning, but tonight's 10pm slot is a little more accessible I reckon.

Of course, I'd watched some performances on YouTube already, but I saw English indie band One Night Only light up the stage only just yesterday. The guys rocked their uplifting collaboration number with Coca Cola, "Can You Feel It", and it was really quite inspiring, a perfect choice of song for the event. Lead vocalist George Craig threw in some supportive lyrics in Japanese throughout and I just thought that was brilliant. I think they embodied the spirit and encouragement that was the whole purpose of this year's VMAJ, it was a touching performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment