27 November 2011

OLLY MURS IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW


Exactly one year after his self-titled debut album, X Factor finalist Olly Murs is set to release his second album tomorrow called "In Case You Didn't Know". I've never liked anything off the star-making phenomenon that is The X Factor but Olly Murs is very hard to dislike. I found his first pieces quite boring though, I thought it was too pop, too predictable and not different enough to stand out. But having heard the two singles off his upcoming album, I'm rather intrigued. His hit with Rizzle Kicks had a super 90's beat which I thought he killed and he's got some nice new sounds coming through. I'm hoping the album will be as exciting as a whole and I'm looking forward to hearing how he takes on his influences and develops his music into something original.

No comments:

Post a Comment