19 November 2011

JOHN LEWIS CHRISTMAS 2011



The John Lewis Christmas advert is amazing. It was unveiled a week or two ago I know, but I was showing my mother today so it's fresh on my mind now. They've been making a heart-warming series of adverts for a few years now, but 2011's totally trumps them all. The song is great, the cinematography is sweet, the boy is super. And above all, I just thought the message was spot on, "For the gifts you can't wait to give" is so perfect. I laughed with a sense of approval and praise when I first saw it.

Continuing on with their success vibe, John Lewis are releasing an album apparently, featuring tracks from their commercials. Set for release on November 29th, the album will be on shelves in John Lewis and Waitrose stores across the nation, including covers by Dionne Bromfield, Fyfe Dangerfield and Ellie Goulding.

No comments:

Post a Comment