29 October 2011

A VERY SHE & HIM CHRISTMAS


Released this week was this Christmas album by alternative indie folk (ish) duo She & Him, featuring the delightful vocals of one Zooey Deschanel. Their albums are some of my personal favourites and certainly must-have items in any iTunes library. I love their bounce, edgy querkiness and the warmth their music produces. Her voice is such a pleasure too, very rich and earthy, it sucks me in. This Christmas collection includes renditions of classic tunes given the She & Him treatment, totally succeeding in making it their own, and I suppose it is rather fitting and slightly predictable for them to go and record. I'm reluctant to play it on loop in October, but give me a month and it'll be background music for sure. A sweet cheerful album.

No comments:

Post a Comment