18 October 2011

PATRICK STUMP SOUL PUNK


"Soul Punk" is the debut solo album of Fall Out Boy frontman Patrick Stump, released today. I loved the band's music and it's been interesting to hear him use his musical talents elsewhere. His 2010 EP was gave us a glimpse of what kind of sound he was working on, and it seemed very experimental (in a good way of course). I got the sense he was enjoying himself, which is always great as a listener. This album keeps the experiments flowing as he uses his production skills as well as his vocal cords to their full extent in creating some buzzing layers and finishes. It's probably not unfair for me to say most songs are indeed a little similar but it is a really good collection of tunes, not to mention some brilliant lyrics too. Definitely worth listening to and I certainly hope he continues on. I also hope Fall Out Boy return.

No comments:

Post a Comment