21 July 2011

BON IVER HOLOCENE SINGLE


Bon Iver's self-titled second album is pure magic. I've been listening to it a lot lately and "Holocene" has been a track I've particularly taken a liking too. I love the alternative soft rock and R&B influences making this epic textured sound, beautifully soothing, despite the deep poetry that is the downbeat self-analytical lyrics. Although, I have to say that's quite easy to overcome considering I find it difficult to comprehend what he's saying most of the time anyway.

Just so happens that "Holocene" is the A side to their upcoming single, announced just today. It's set for release on September 6th, coupled with a Peter Gabriel cover of "Come Talk To Me". From a widely appreciated album, the single is sure to be well received.

No comments:

Post a Comment