03 June 2011

PARAMORE NEW SINGLE WORLD PREMIERE



I've always been a fan of Paramore, whether it's my emo rock days speaking out or simply the pleasure of listening to Hayley Williams' voice. Either way, I've been anticipating their new single "Monster" along with the rest of their fans worldwide and it has officially been revealed today, having released a teaser clip one week ago.

They've progressed quite significantly through their music and ventures, starting off with classic punk material written by themselves purely. Their most recent album played into a more mainstream pop rock genre, including a song tied up with Twilight, which I fear has attracted the 'wrong' audience. "Monster" is part of the new Transformers movie soundtrack and is the first release since the departure of the influential Farro brothers, lead guitarist and drummer. The band vowed to go on and here they are. The single sounds like it was made for an action movie and it's like I've heard it before. It's a good tune with great vocals, but not quite the music I once knew Paramore for bringing.

No comments:

Post a Comment