22 June 2011

CHELSEA APPOINT ANDRE VILLAS-BOAS


Everything changed pretty rapidly from yesterday evening. English bookmakers had thought Turkey's national coach Guus Hiddink would be appointed sooner than later, but it's the 33-year-old Porto manager who has now been confirmed.

He's young, ambitious and already highly successful, coming straight off a treble-winning season in Portugal. Chelsea have had to pay €15 million to get him though, something our owner clearly isn't bothered by. And I think it's the perfect move. It feels very refreshing and exciting, and I don't think he's just another manager. He may be young and relatively inexperienced but he's learnt from Bobby Robson and Jose Mourinho to mention just a couple, and he's been at Chelsea before as chief scout so it's not so new for him. I just hope he's given time.

I'm looking forward to the style and flair that he will bring and I'm looking forward to a few trophies too. I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment