26 May 2011

THE WEEKND ROLLING STONE


Having been introduced to The Weeknd by a close friend, I have fallen in love. People say it's the future of R&B, and I fucking agree. He (or they?) are keeping things quite mysterious and secretive, with minimal information on their website, blog, etc. What I do know though is that there's a trilogy of mixtapes lined up, one of which was leaked late last year and subsequently released a couple months ago - it's called "House of Balloons" and I've had it on loop for weeks now. I've never heard a sound quite like it and its production is sublime.

Details of the next two albums are unknown, apart from their respective titles "Thursday" and "Echoes of Silence", but he's tweeted to say that 'Thursday" would be coming soon. I kind of assumed that that would be today (Thursday) but it's yet to go live. May have to wait til summer. But what I did find was this video, again with very little explanation of it, uploaded just yesterday. Whatever it is, it sounds amazing, that I am sure. Check it. The Weeknd is one to watch. My favourite artist of the moment without a doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment